1. How do I register for a Sailing School course?
You can complete your registration online by visiting the one of our program pages: adults and youth on our Sailing School Page.
2. How much does it cost to enroll in a Sailing School course?
The fees for Sailing School courses can be found on our individual program pages for adults and youth on our Sailing School Page.
3. Do I need my own boat for lessons?
No. The school provides the boats and all necessary sailing equipment, including a personal floatation device (PFD), for each student.
4. Does the Sailing School lend, lease or rent boats out?
Fanshawe Yacht Club has a Leasing Program for qualified sailors
to use the Sailing School boats. If you are interested in this program, please Click Here for more info or contact the Leasing Coordinator via the drop down menu on our Contact FYC
form. (April 21, 2023 info link and updated contact form coming very soon)
5. Does the Sailing School have programs for canoing and kayaking?
The Fanshawe Yacht Club Sailing School focuses on the sport of sailing though some members do have their own paddle craft. But we have several Licensees which focus on more organized paddlesports. Check out their links in the Licensee section on our Membership Page
6. Are there any employment openings at the Sailing School?
7. Can Sailing School levels be completed in non-consecutive weeks?
Yes. However, all special requests of this kind must be made directly to the Sailing School Director. Approval of the request will depend on timing and availability of the course in question.
8. Can I drive my child to Sailing School?
Yes. Any parent driving their child to the Club should plan to arrive at Fanshawe Yacht Club between 8:45 and 9:00 am and return to pick them up around 4:00 pm. Presentation of your receipt at the Park gate will allow you free entrance to the Park to deliver or pick up your child.
My question is not listed above.
If you still can’t find the answer you’re looking for, please Contact FYC
and select Sailing School
from the contact form drop down menu